2.8.11

book suggestions?

i'm going on vacation in about 2 weeks, and i am hoping to read some amongst the travel and down time.  have you read any books lately (or ever) that would recommend?  let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Things I've enjoyed recently... The new Bonhoeffer bio, The Help (like to kill a mockingbird-ish), The Lincoln Lawyer (like John Grisham -ish), Radical, Same Kind of Different as Me and Water for Elephants (probably to girly but good)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Crazy Love and Radical. Both were good. For devotional reading, I recommend anything by John Bunyan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently read Radical by David Platt and The Prodigal God by Tim Keller. Both are stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiction: Fiddler's Gun, Fiddler's Green, and Fin's Letters (a 3-book series, that on kindle ought to cost about $7 total for all three). SO MUCH FUN!

    Or get a good long classic novel, like The Count of Monte Cristo, or Les Mis or Mark Twain or yougetthedrift.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete