The road goes ever on and on
I have not blogged regularly for quite a while. I'm planning on blogging more over the next few years. Why? Here's a little update.
The Road goes ever on and onDown from the door where it began.Now far ahead the Road has gone,And I must follow, if I can,Pursuing it with eager feet,Until it joins some larger wayWhere many paths and errands meet.And whither then? I cannot say.-J. R. R. Tolkien
Bilbo might not have known where the path was leading, but, for the short-term, I think I know where the path leads--Texas. Sometime in August (maybe July), I'll be moving to Texas to go to graduate school. I was talking to my mom today, and I said, "It almost feels like graduating from high school and going to college all over again." If you didn't know, I have been teaching elementary Spanish at my alma mater. Instead of driving across town to get to UGA, I'm driving 14 hours to Texas. Yes, I lived in India, but this still feels like a big adventure. This period of time also feels like the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. I don't know what chapter is ending or beginning, but thankfully there is an Author who has something great in store. I am looking forward to adventure. Texas might not be India, but I've never lived in another state (or town) in the United States. I am looking forward to living in another part of the America, but why Texas? Well, the same reason as India. Texas seems to be the direction that the Lord is leading me. Similar to the time before I moved to India, I'm still not sure what grad school and Texas will mean or what will come after. I do know that the Lord is jealous for His glory, and He wants people of every nation, tribe, people, and language to know Him. I think it is beyond ridiculous that He wants to involve us in His plan. I'm hoping The Lord will use my time in Texas to grow me deeper in my walk with Him and prepare me to serve Him and be a part of His plan. This post has grown longer than I anticipated, but be on the lookout for some more posts in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment