For no particular reason but rather an amalgamation of different ones, I have abandoned this blog for several months. I have had inklings to write again, but never put pen to page (or finger to key). This weekend, I was given some good reasons to blog again. A friend's blog post likened blogging to a sort of digital scrapbook that needn't be curated for any reason other than to remember what has been. A discussion tonight in small group revolved around reminders and monuments mentioned throughout the Bible that the Lord's people made to remind themselves about what He had done. I need to be reminded of what has happened, and more, of what He has done. When i first arrived back in the states from India, remembering was difficult, painful almost. It was sad to think of India. not knowing when I will return. Not being able to pick up the phone to talk to a friend or hop on the bike to go see someone. Remembering can be hard, but we need to remember. Throughout the Word, the Lord has commanded His people to rehearse the great things He has done. For example, I was reminded of the cross today as I took the Lord's Supper with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I was overwhelmed by what the Lord has done in the lives around me as believers shared the rescue and redemption they have found in Christ. The Lord commanded the Israelites to places stones in the site of a great work He did, so they wold have to remember. My wish for this blog is to help me remember. Not every post will be particularly deep. Some posts might be little memories that make me smile or laugh. However, some posts will be more meaningful: for I need to be reminded of what He has done in my life. Remembering will be the why behind this blog, with an occasional aside or essay. However, even if no one reads this blog, I write to remember. In revisiting and recording what has happened I am sure that He is the true Author. I am not.
But by the Grace of God I am what I am, and his grace towards me was not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:10a
No comments:
Post a Comment