You might have noticed that there were few posts in August. For 25 days in a row, I was away from my apartment! It was a long, tiring but very rewarding time. The first few days, I was visiting some friends and exploring some of this beautiful country in which I live. The last 14 days were spent on VACATION! At least one person who reads this blog requested a recap of where I went and what I saw. Instead of posting one huge post, I decided that I would break it up into a series of blogs. Then I thought, "What if I wrote the posts as a travel writer/photographer? That would be fun!" So, here goes...
My first trip outside of India in over 10 months began early in the morning. 1:50am to be precise. I hopped on the first leg of my flight. My first destination was Helsinki, but I had a short layover in Amsterdam. Really short. 1 hour and 10 minutes seemed to me to be way to short to make a stop for coffee, but I was determined to visit an old friend of mine. The flight ended up getting in a little early. I stopped in the restroom, and when I came out it caught my eye. The familiar font and colors. The concentric circles of green and black. The inner with the portrait of my old friend. I stepped in grabbed some wonderful Sumatra Roast coffee and a blueberry muffin. I slipped over to my gate and enjoyed a nice breakfast with my old friend. The green lady.

love it. your mom told me how excited you were about rendezvousing with your friend... :P
ReplyDelete